This was a delicious, quick and easy recipe for a great side dish or snack. I already had most of the ingredients on hand so I didn’t have to buy anything special, which is always a plus.
The original recipe is from MyRecipes.com and is super simple. The only changes I made were to substitute Greek yogurt for the regular yogurt and to steam the asparagus instead of boiling it. I served it as a side to spinach burgers.
Asparagus Spears with Garlic Aïoli Sauce
- 1/3 C non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 lb asparagus
- paprika to taste
- Mix everything but the asparagus and paprika in a small bowl.
- Steam the asparagus just until tender
- Serve asparagus with a spoonful of Aïoli sauce. Add a dash of paprika over the sauce if desired