This recipe is adapted from one I got out of Kraft Food & Family magazine back when it was still free. I’ve only made it a couple of times, but I like it a lot. My husband is not as much a fan of it; he thinks it’s too sweet, so I cut the sugar down, as well as the miracle whip because it was too much for the amount of broccoli.
I’ve thought about substituting non-fat Greek yogurt for the miracle whip, but then I’m not sure how the vinegar and sugar would taste. Perhaps an experiment for another day. For now, this is how I make a creamy, sweet-and-sour broccoli salad.
Tangy Broccoli Salad
Yield: Twelve 1/2 C servings
Easily made vegetarian by omitting the bacon
- 1/2 C Miracle Whip light dressing
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 sweet bell peppers; red, yellow
- 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained & crumbled (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix dressing, sugar and vinegar until smooth
- Stir in remaining ingredients
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving