3.5 stars out of 5. Only because the original recipe doesn’t call for nearly enough herbs. Although I already have some ideas on how to make these in a variety of ways, so maybe I should give it another 1/2 star. Ok, ok, it’s 4 stars.
Baked Herb and Parmesan Potato Slices
Adapted from CouponClippingCook.com
- 1 russet potato (medium size)
- 1 large red potato
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram or oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash the potatoes well and pat dry. Thinly slice the potatoes, keeping them a similar thickness. Place the sliced potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil and toss to coat well. Add onion powder, garlic powder, marjoram, thyme, parsley, and basil. Toss to coat.
- Place the potato slices on a baking sheet in a single layer and sprinkle with salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until slices are golden brown.
I haven’t tried it but I think that adding a little chili powder to the mix and sprinkling shredded cheese on top would be awesome. Bacon would make an even tastier and more unhealthy addition!