When you’re looking for something a little more than The Best Pancakes Ever, here is a great way to step it up:
Cinnamon Bun Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Cup of milk
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 Tbsp vanillaIcing:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cups butter – melted
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup milk (more if you want it a little runnier)
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients. Blend in the wet ingredients and mix until not lumpy.
- Pour by scant 1/4 cups onto a hot griddle or frying pan (non-stick)
- When the edges look dry and there are little bubbles in the pancakes, flip. Cook until done (maybe a minute depending on how hot your griddle/pan is)
- Meanwhile (gotta be quick to do this at the same time as cooking the cakes), using an electric mixer with whisk attachment mix together powdered sugar, butter and milk. Add more milk if it’s too dry, more sugar if it’s too runny.
- Serve the pancakes with icing on top. Sprinkle some more cinnamon over the top if you want.