This was a delicious recipe, and one that I think deserves “Main Dish” status. This week it was just a humble side dish because we served it with delicious cider brats. I wouldn’t change a thing about this recipe except to double it (it only makes 2 servings) and use less lime juice.
Avocado with Bell Pepper and Tomatoes
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Pinch cayenne
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Chives, to taste
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, garlic, cayenne and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl add avocado, bell pepper, tomatoes, chives, and cilantro. Gently stir in oil/lime mixture.