This was great! Super easy to make too. I love slow-cooker meals 😀 The only awkward thing about it is that it only cooks for 4 hours, so you can’t really set it in the morning and come back to it after an 8 hour work day. But the good news is that it’s on high for 4 hours so maybe if you put it on low you can cook it for 8 hours without making the meat too tough or burning it. We didn’t put it in lettuce wraps and we didn’t eat it with shredded carrots. We put it on hot dog buns and topped with shredded cheese and bbq sauce.
Slow-Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
Adapted from SkinnyTaste.com
- 24 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 16 oz fat free low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup hot cayenne pepper sauce (we use Louisiana Hot Sauce or Crystal)
- Hamburger buns
- Any toppings you want
- In your slow cooker combine chicken, onions, garlic and broth (add water if the broth doesn’t cover all the chicken). Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Drain the chicken, reserving 1/2 cup of the liquid. Shred the chicken and return to the slow cooker with the reserved liquid. Add the hot sauce and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Serve on hamburger buns with any toppings you want. Suggestions would be ranch or blue cheese dressing, banana peppers, cheddar or swiss cheese, BBQ sauce, celery… the possibilities are endless!