I have personally never used chickpeas in my life. Husband has used them often in hummus, but nothing else. So this was a bit of a departure from the norm for us and it was quite nice—light and delicious. The only thing I would change is to add some spinach.
Chickpea and Tomato Salad
Adapted From GreenLiteBites.com
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 25 large basil leaves, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 C baby spinach, chopped
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients and chill for 20 minutes or more.
I don’t know the measurement for 25 fresh basil leaves, or how much it would be dried, so if you are using dried basil you will have to go by taste.