Incredibly delicious and not a bit healthy for you. Drizzle olive oil and butter all over them before and after you bake them. They are a bit fussy and take quite a bit of time, but they are so very, very worth it. We were out of red potatoes so we used Yukon Gold’s and they worked just fine. Also, tarragon is not something we readily have on hand, so that was replaced with basil.
Roasted Red Potatoes
Adapted from NoblePig.com
- 8-9 large Red or Yukon Gold potatoes
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Smoked paprika, to taste
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- Dried basil, parsley, and thyme, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F
- Place a potato in a large wooden spoon. Thinly slice the potato down until the knife reaches the spoon. Repeat for each potato.
- Place the potatoes on a microwave safe dish and cover with parchment paper. Cook on high for 12 minutes or until they are easily pierced with a fork.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Bake in the oven for 23 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with melted butter. Top with basil, parsley and thyme.