Here it is. The recipe for the best pancake recipe we’ve ever made, and believe me, we’ve tried a LOT of pancake recipes. Including one that said it was Canadian. That one was the worst.
The recipe is from kris at AllRecipes.com
- 3/4 C Milk
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 C flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- Combine milk and vinegar. Set aside for 5 minutes
- Combine dry ingredients. Set aside
- Whisk egg and butter into milk/vinegar
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Mix until smooth
- Cook them. 🙂
- Optional: After pouring batter onto the griddle/pan, sprinkle with blueberries, banana slices, chocolate chips, and/or drizzle with honey before flipping the pancakes over.
- Also optional: I am not a fan of syrup; it’s too sweet and no matter how hard you try the stickiness will get all over you. So I prefer to spread cream cheese on my pancakes and sprinkle cinnamon & sugar over the top. DELICIOUS.