We are out of all salad dressings and I knew that if I didn’t use our spinach soon it would go the way of the Dodo. Greens don’t last long and I had to do something. It was my last chance to save the salad!
So I grabbed ingredients I am pretty sure are in vinaigrette: vinegar and olive oil. Balsamic vinegar, actually, and a few other ingredients I thought I might give a chance. Per usual, I didn’t measure anything so add things little by little until you like it.
Meg’s Last-Chance Vinaigrette
Makes approximately 2 servings
- Mayo – about 1.5 tsp I think
- Balsamic Vinegar – oh probably around 1 tsp or so
- Olive Oil – LOTS. Much more than the vinegar and mayo. If I had to guess, I’d say probably 2 or 3 Tbsp
- Dill – a few dashes
- Ginger – a few dashes
- Brown Sugar – I’d say around 2 tsp (not packed)
- Put all ingredients in a seal-able container. Seal the container tightly and shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it baby! Taste it. Add stuff if you want. More brown sugar if it’s too sharp, more vinegar if it’s too sweet, more olive oil and/or vinegar if it’s too thick, more mayo if it’s too thin.
If you want to know what else I put in the bowl with the spinach and the dressing, I’ll tell you. Green bell pepper, tomato, cucumber and crumbled blue cheese. Delicious!